Welcome to this spectacular Luxury Property in Patricia Hills.
3 ACRE PIE SHAPED LOT BACKING ONTO RAVINE
· Lot is essentially a pie lot, backing on to a ravine making for a very private location.
· The 130’ hidden drive has a slight curve that provides a very good initial impression of the 3.01 acre lot and was crafted with thought for the viewer more so than the utility of the driveway. Although not paved, it is hard-packed gravel.
· One of the more impressive achievements of the design of the house is the scale of the components. Although large, the scale of the overhang, windows, front door, decking etc. creates a very balanced visual, which is difficult to do and rarely achieved as well as this house is.
- For example the 8’ high door, doesn’t seem out of place when you first approach the house. Only when you get on the deck and close to the door do you realize the scale of the components.
Notable features of the property’s exterior:
· Large raked dormer windows in the front and back.
· 8’ foot high double entry secure doors
· Wrap around deck is Over 2000 sq. ft. (10’ wide) pressure treated, covered “four seasons”, wrap-around deck – with pot lights in the soffits (all the way around), with ranch-style horizontal railings.
· Siding – Dark blue CanXel hardboard siding (Wood fiber, resin and wax are fused together under pressure) with SmartTrim (hardboard wood product) and cedar shingle highlights. This is both efficient and very long lasting.
· Windows – All Weather Windows high distinction casement wood jam windows (low e, argon, metal clad) with feature mutton bars – truly every room of the house bathes in light
· The water supply uses a cistern, which seems to be the preferred method to wells these days. This house has a large 3,300 gallon concrete cistern with 2 hp electric pump and pressure tank
· The septic tank and field deserve a mention as over $30,000 was spent ensuring a state-of-the-art system that includes 2,250 gallons of bell siphon tanks (1500 + 750), coupled with sand and gravel filtration field (approx. 30’x40’ – 12 ft. deep) using layers of gravel and sand with perforated tubing; two pumps; circulates down and back up and then out two egresses that run to the ravine. Control panel under the deck with alarms. Tubing clean outs (15-20).
· Adder – 250 gallon tank for rain water
· 40’x30’ Quonset with site prepped for electrical
· Motion sensor lights (external)
· Roofing – Dual layer 30 year asphalt shingle, with heat traced troughs – right to the ravine! Simply incredible
· Sidewalks are made of stacked brick and you can tell by the lack of settling or depressions that the brick layer did it right!
Certainly the in-law suite is a selling feature, but the main house has some real selling features, and some really incredible elements.
· As you open the door, the openness and sheer height of the ceiling are impressive. At just over 24’ this is truly an auditorium/cathedral great room – perfect for a grand piano!
· But the next item, almost as impressive, it the attention to detail on the 4” Brazilian Jatoba hardwood with clear maple trim highlights, and porcelain tile (16×16 or 18×18 throughout).
· Main floor – 1,735 square feet main floor plus second floor loft 742 square feet; additional 945 square foot in-law suite
· Loft – step-up viewing area, two reading nooks, pendant lighting throughout. Unique open concept with vaulted roofline. Glass block light feature. High efficiency 5’ ceiling fan. 11’ foot ceiling.
· Bathroom – high efficiency 68” air jet tub with travertine surround; 4’x4’ enclosed shower with 10 mil glass walls. Tumbled travertine tile throughout. Solid maple cabinetry and low flush high efficiency toilet. Vaulted roof line.
· Great room – High efficiency 5’ ceiling fans, for improve air circulation; craftsman pendant lighting accented by numerous wall sconces; auditorium/cathedral great room 24’ high ceiling; feature turret with wrap around bench seating.
· Main floor bathroom – travertine tumbled tiling, floor and walls; solid maple cabinets; five foot enclosed shower with seat and timer light
· Den – solid fir, double glass doors, with 9’ ceiling.
· Staircase – Feature spiral staircase from loft to the great room, a combination of clear maple 2.5” thick treads with Jatoba in-lay feature. Clear maple “one piece” hand rail with nickel finished railings that look like a harp! Definitely a great house for a music lover.
Custom hard wood cabinets (solid maple) with custom kitchen pull outs. Fisher Paykal wall oven, Jenn Air Fridge, Dacor Cook Top with a Miele dishwasher; under-counter lighting; wood and metal clad bay window above sink
· All doors solid fir in the main house side
· This is an impressive system. With over $58,000 spent on the mechanical components of the house, and a new boiler installed just last year, this house is both efficient and comfortable.
o 6-zone (2 hubs – in-law suite and great room wall, with 4 subs) radiant in-floor heating system throughout (all floors and basement) combined with a high velocity fan coil system (a secondary system to respond to any sudden temperature drop). With an 85 gallon high efficiency hot water smart tank, with wall mounted high efficiency IBC boiler with digital control. Zones include:
§ In law suite
§ Great room
§ Bedrooms & Bathroom
§ Basement (main)
§ Basement (In law)
o Data centre include CAT5 cabling throughout the house, and is wired for cable (satellite)
· Insulation – Floor insulated with Reflectix wrap to ensure ambient heat radiates upwards – also improves sound; ceilings are blown-in cellulose (approx. R40 in vaulted areas; R60-80 in flat areas with a minimum 2 ft.); 2 x 6 walls with R20 fibreglass insulation (16” centre).
· Smoke detectors are hard-wired (1 in-law suite, 2 main house, mechanical room)
· In Law Suite – 9’ ceilings throughout with crown molding; 4” Natural Maple floor with ceramic tile; one bedroom with ensuite and den; ‘bump out’ bay window with pot lights
o In-law suite bathroom – 5 ft enclosed shower with seat; ceramic tile; travertine tumbled marble accent; half bath – ceramic tile
- In-suite suite kitchen – Spacious kitchen with peninsula and Ikea cabinets, with wood and metal clad bay window over the sink. Gas stove with gas oven; fridge with built in water and ice maker.
· Basement – 2,680 square feet of undeveloped space
- Insulated and vented 10×12 cold room (no in-floor heating);
- all walls are insulated and dry walled
Full bathroom with tub and tub surround toilet and sink.